Sunday, November 25, 2012

Conservatives, UKIP and Racism

I cannot credit that Cameron has remained silent for a further 24 hours since his initial retraction of his "closet racism" accusation against UKIP!

It has driven me to return to some of my old posts on my blog UKIP Uncovered , such as this from April 2003, linked here, which I also linked from Twitter as it seemed so relevant for the debate presently underway following the disgraceful actions of the Labour Council and its employees and agents in Rotherham.

I withdrew as a candidate for UKIP for the European Parliament in April 2003 because of my own doubts regarding the party's stance on matters that today continue to be unjustifiably raised, in feigned agitation but real fear, by the party's political opponents. I continued my own internet blog following the UKIP affairs long after my withdrawal , and hopefully by constant prompting played a small part in contributing to what UKIP has today become - an inclusive and mainstream political party offering Britain its best hope for a prosperous outward-looking society with links all across the globe. UKIP may also have an outside chance of restoring our democracy trashed by the three main poltical parties, who continue to abuse our systems and institutions to this day.

Any political party might contain racists or other such bigots. My watching of UK and European politics for decades leads me to believe that in the UK the Tories and UKIP probably have roughly similar percentages of such dolts in their membership, which itself is probably exceeded by Labour. In all cases my guess is that across the EU these percentages are below the norm!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home