Monday, October 08, 2012

My reply to John Redwood today - Grammar Schools

Martin Cole
Posted October 8, 2012 at 6:56 am | Permalink
Your comment is awaiting moderation. The hatred of the Eleven Plus system is a hugely curious fact of life in Britain. I once met a man of my age whose entire family had emigrated to Canada simply because he had failed. I tried to explore his present views on this as I am a huge fan of Grammar Schools but there was no rational explanation of even his deep prejudice against selection at 11, even with re-examination opportunites at 13 and O Level instruction in streamed secondary classes.
Pandering to such blind prejudice is a disaster for the Conservative Party and UKIP have a huge intellectual argument in their favour by boldly ignoring anti-Grammar prejudice for the utter ignorance it truly is

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home