Tuesday, May 05, 2009

French and German car scrapping subsidies in UK?

On 9th February this year I posted twice on the French Government scheme to boost automobile sales by offering scrapping subsidies for old cars. At first this appeared to be against the principles of the single market as spotted by the EU Commission, read my earlier posts here and here. Last evening watching a UK TV programme I saw an advert from Citroen offering a similar rebate to British buyers, a final sign of the EU and single market actually working, but I wonder how French tax-payers feel about their money going across the Channel in this way and whether the more generous German scheme, described on my blog on 7th February, link, will also be available to British buyers? My advice to buyers of any expensive items - WAIT!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home