Tuesday, January 01, 2013

To Blog or not to Blog? Archive Removal

First a Very Happy New Year to all who read this blog!

I thought that this year 2013, which next month will see ten years of blogging under my belt, and with the destruction of democracy across Europe continuing at an ever faster pace, I could relax somewhat and draw on my archives to repeat earlier messages which are even more valid today.

That is not going to be possible, as old archives are apparently being steadily withdrawn, mine for Ironies, I discovered just this morning only now being available from February 2005!

What then is the point of blogging, if what we thought and what we wrote is removed in such a short period of time, when the problems discussed have not even been resolved but instead have considerably worsened?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Mike Spilligan said...

You're so right. The best value from blogging will appear when we (a reader, not a blogger in my case) can refer back to "the old stuff". Currently, I'm going back through piles of old newspapers - 10+ years old - and there's so much of interest - mostly those items which were identified as being "urgent problems", and on which nothing has changed.

11:16 AM  
Blogger strapworld said...

As one is not warned that such removals will take place and, presumably, you were not consulted prior to them removing your work. I do believe that you should go to the European Court of Human Rights as your RIGHT for free expression has been removed.

Now that would really be an interesting case my friend.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Anoneumouse said...

http://ironies.blogspot.co.uk/2003_02_01_archive.html

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home