Friday, May 04, 2012

Treasures from the threads - Number 78 Non-voting

The following is to an article on Labour's supposed electoral victory today with a mere 12% of the eligible vote:



This is my first ever post and it has taken this article and the issue of politics today to force me out of my apathy.
For me, the issue here is that the day that politics became a career in itself instead of something you did once you'd had a career (of whatever political persuasion) was the deathknell of conviction, informed, experienced and relevant politics.
They are all in it for what they can get out of it rather than what they can contribute - and I really do despair for the future of the UK.
As a lifelong Tory voter I never thought I would see the day when I would say that this lot are worse than the last lot. But they are by a country mile. Inept, clueless, stumbling from one crisis of their own making to another. Is it any wonder people take the view 'what is the point in voting?'
Then again they say that we get the politicians we deserve - all I would ask is what have we done to deserve this?


Blog editor's added emphasis!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've become convinced that they are all trying to force us into this state of apathy MC.

I find it scary.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home