Wednesday, September 21, 2011

BNP Paribas Chairman's Confidence Statement worries me.

Living in France I do my local banking through an account with BNP Paribas. Yesterday's statement by that bank's Chairman, linked here, does not however give me any cosy warm feelings in my tummy.

A banker telling me not to worry is about as consoling as a Central Banker declaring there is no problem with the Euro nor Quantatitive Easing, and about as believable as a politician when seeking votes and pretending he has your best interests at heart, when he and his party have a long track record of doing the exact opposite.

Unhappily there seems nothing I can now do to regain that lost feeling that money is real, all I see argues the opposite, but also offers no sane alternatives to merely plodding on!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger James Higham said...

Be very, very worried.

12:04 PM  
Blogger A K Haart said...

"Unhappily there seems nothing I can now do to regain that lost feeling that money is real, all I see argues the opposite, but also offers no sane alternatives to merely plodding on!"

My feeling exactly.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home