Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Pass the debt back to the Scots

I was somewhat surprised to have my comment to Rachel Sylvester's well considered column in The Times this morning, title Gordon Brown fiddles abroad while Britain burns (linked here) appear as submitted. My comments to the Daily Telegraph, far less extreme, are being consistently rejected these days, this column today was an example where I merely sought to point out that the nations without their leaders at the London G20 would be better off and that more local solutions were required. The same thrust as my comment to The Times which was as follows: The larger the forum for the discussion of solutions the less the chance for success. The trashing of international currencies will require solutions on a more local basis with new means of exchange in which people can steadily build confidence. An English pound with Scottish bank debt elsewhere? A courageous sub-editor methinks, I have until now felt rather extreme when suggesting the Scot's shoulder the entire burden. Soon I might gain space for praising a precedent for retrospective pension pinching, how else will we eventually hold those responsible for this Crash accountable? Meantime we are left with the question "Has the Telegraph become afraid of debate as well as decent journalism" - it certainly appears so!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home