UK Offshore shale gas gives energy self-sufficiency
Britain has been given a second chance!
Once again we could be self-sufficient in energy it has been announced this week!
This time let's not waste it!
NOW there is no longer any excuse for Britain to suffer the continued bullying and subjugation to the economic powers on the Continent who have enriched themselves at Britain's expense!
The Lisbon Treaty now provides us with the right to withdraw from the EU, the Government should give notice under Article 50 of the TEU:
Article 50 TEUThe EU is about to disintegrate! A member state giving notice of withdrawal prior to such an event will be in a powerful position in the recrimnation games that will thereafter inevitably follow, energy independence will be the Ace of Trumps!
1. Any Member State may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements.
2. A Member State which decides to withdraw shall notify the European Council of its intention. In the light of the guidelines provided by the European Council, the Union shall negotiate and conclude an agreement with that State, setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal, taking account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union. That agreement shall be negotiated in accordance with Article 218(3) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. It shall be concluded on behalf of the Union by the Council, acting by a qualified majority, after obtaining the consent of the European Parliament.
3. The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in paragraph 2, unless the European Council, in agreement with the Member State concerned, unanimously decides to extend this period.
4. For the purposes of paragraphs 2 and 3, the member of the European Council or of the Council representing the withdrawing Member State shall not participate in the discussions of the European Council or Council or in decisions concerning it.
A qualified majority shall be defined in accordance with Article 238(3)(b) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.
5. If a State which has withdrawn from the Union asks to rejoin, its request shall be subject to the procedure referred to in Article 49.