Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Germans to control NYSE under merger terms!

In a somewhat different manner I predicted just such a US Capitalism takeover attempt, in my novel Millennium Blitzkrieg, published in New York by Vantage Press in 2000, the  ISBN number was 0-533613213-4 and it was written in the late nineteen-nineties. According to the merger agreement, detailed here, last evening, the control of the New York Stock Exchange will be as follows:

Reuters reports that 55 percent of the shareholders in the merged company will be from the United States, 11 percent from Germany, 11 percent from the U.K. and 23 percent from elsewhere. Current shareholders of the German exchange will control 60 percent of the new company and will own 10 of 17 board seats.

Yesterday I blogged that CME from Chicago might make a hostile bid to save the home of US Capitalism, the latest I have found on that is here.

By the bye, in my book the final assault on the largest US Corporations by the Germans did not occur until the summer of 2014, so there is still much time to see how close I was !

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home